Services to the Homeless/Unstably Housed in Mountain View
- City Restroom and Hand Wash Facilities:The City and non-profit provider MOVE, provides handwashing stations, fixed or portable restrooms, drinking water and garbage service for all safe parking lots. In addition, the City has/will provide a temporary restroom and/or hand wash stations at the following locations:
- Two portable restrooms and hand wash stations are already available at Rengstorff Park
- One temporary portable restroom and hand wash station will be available at Eagle Park by Saturday, March 21
- Four temporary additional hand-wash hygiene stations will be available at the City Hall, Library, MVCPA and Centennial Plaza (Mountain View Transit Center) by Saturday, March 21
- Homeless Shelters: All shelters are open 24/7, by referral. Mountain View Trinity United Methodist (748 Mercy St, Mountain View) and Sunnyvale (999 Hamlin Ct, Sunnyvale). Download the County Homeless Help Card
- Safe Parking Lots / MOVE Mountain View - Safe Parking: Safe parking staff continues operations of the safe parking lots, observing direction from HUD specific to homeless services providers.
- Shoreline Lot B operated by the County with 24/7 services should be open next week. (register now, not at capacity).
- The Former VTA (Evelyn Avenue) lot was opened to participants as of Monday, March 16, currently operated from 5 p.m. to 9 a.m. (register now, not at capacity).
- One faith lot in current operations (at capacity, wait list available)
- Contact: CSA for case management (650) 968-0836, MOVE Mountain View for operations, firstname.lastname@example.org, (650) 861-0181
- County of Santa Clara Office of Supportive Housing: is working closely with our local non-profits and service providers coordinating services. www.sccgov.org/sites/osh, Call (408) 278-6400 or text 888777 for text messages about services.
- Community Services Agency (CSA): Senior Nutrition Program services are providing a “To-Go” boxed meal distribution at the Community Services Agency. The food pantry shifted to pre-bagged food distribution on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Homeless Prevention and Homeless Services case management are being conducted by phone. Contact Community Services Agency (CSA): CSACares.org or (650) 968-0836. Office hours are M-F, 9 a.m.–noon and 1:30-4 p.m. at 204 Stierlin Road, Mountain View
- Second Harvest Foodbank: To find out where the nearest grocery distribution besides CSA: Contact Food Connection hotline at 1-800-984-3663 Text “GETFOOD” to (408) 455-5181. Email us at email@example.com or visit www.shfb.org
- School Food Distribution: for students under 18. Mountain View Whisman & Mountain View Los Altos HSD will have meals at Castro/Mistral School (505 Escuela Ave.) Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Lunch and Breakfast at a Food for Thought Truck- Grab and Go, drive up - curbside or walk up meals Breakfast and lunch, packed together. www.mvla.net or www.mvwsd.org/about/communications/news___events/free_meals_during_school_closure
- Hope’s Corner: Suspended the Thursday and Saturday shower and laundry program. On-site dining has been suspended, but breakfast and lunch are offered as “To Go” boxed meals. www.hopes-corner.org located at 748 Mercy St., Mountain View
- Dignity on Wheels (DOW): Free mobile showers, washer and dryer services continue located at CSA on Tuesday’s 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Click here for a full list of Emergency Assistance Network (EAN) partners in Santa Clara County
For more information on actions the City has taken during this COVID-19 Pandemic, resources available to minimize spread and other important information, visit MountainView.gov/COVID and follow City Hall on social media through Twitter.MountainView.gov, Facebook.MountainView.gov, MountainView.gov/Instagram, or subscribe on MountainView.gov/YouTube.