Police Reports

How do I obtain a copy of a police report?

Visit or call the police department. There is a $.25/page fee for copies. You may request reports by telephone or email, but you must come into the Department in person with photo ID in order to pick up your copy.

All police report requests are subject to review and release of this information is made in accordance with the California Public Records Act.

Can I file an online police report?

Yes, so long as it meets the following criteria:

  • An emergency online.  Call 9-1-1 if you are having an emergency.
  • It occurred within the Mountain View city limits.
  • If you think you know who the suspect(s) is/are, you cannot report it online.  Instead, call 650/903-6395.
  • The crime cannot have occurred on a state freeway (i.e., 101, 85, or 237).

If you're ready to file an on-line police report, go here.