Are streets swept when it rains?
The City's street sweeper cannot sweep the street while it rains. The City will sweep your street on your next scheduled day.
Where are sandbags located and when are they available?

Sandbags are located at the City's Municipal Operations Center at 231 N. Whisman Road. For additional sandbag locations, visit the  Valley Water website. Sandbags are generally available after November 1.  For more information, call Public Services at (650) 903-6329.

Who do I call to report a street light outage?
Report street light outages to Public Services at (650) 903-6329.
Who do I call to report a traffic signal outage?

Traffic signal outages should be reported to Public Works at (650) 903-6311. Signals along Central Expressway are the responsibility of Santa Clara County and signals along El Camino Real and freeway off-ramps are the responsibility of Caltrans.

Santa Clara County:  408-494-2700

Caltrans:  415-330-6500 (after hours: 510-286-6918)

Why didn't the street sweeper pick up my leaves?

The City collects leaves that have fallen onto City streets.  For the City's street sweeper to be able to pick up leaves, the leaves must be in piles no more than 3 feet wide and 3 inches deep; the street sweeper cannot pick up sticks, branches, or palm leaves. 

Leaves that have fallen onto private property must be collected by the property owner and recycled in a yard trimmings cart.  Carts are available in 64- and 96- gallon sizes from Recology.  To arrange for a special collection or order a cart, call Recology at (650) 967-3034. Visit for more information.