City Attorney

How do I file a claim against the City of Mountain View?
Claim forms can be obtained online from the City Clerk’s Office or by visiting the City Clerk’s Office at 500 Castro Street, 3rd floor. Please follow the instructions on the claim form.
How do I request documents from the City of Mountain View
In order to review or obtain a public record, you must first make a request to the City Clerk’s Office. You may contact the City Clerk’s Office by calling (650) 903-6304 or by email at Please refer to the California Public Records Act, Government Code Section 6250 et seq. for more information.
Can the City Attorney represent a Mountain View resident in a legal matter?
Under the Charter, the City Attorney represents and advises the City Council, boards, commissions, City officers and employees and the City. The City Attorney cannot provide legal assistance to residents on private legal matters.
How do I report a possible City code violation?

For downtown, commercial, and single-family housing issues, please contact Code Enforcement at (650) 526-7713.

For multi-family housing issues, please contact the Fire and Environmental Protection Division at (650) 903-6378.