Restrictions - The complete list of water use restrictions is contained in City Code Section 35.28.1 et. seq.
June 28, 2022 - The Mountain View City Council has declared a Stage 2 water shortage emergency condition. Current water use restrictions are listed below.
Weekly Irrigation Schedule:
• Even addresses – Irrigation allowed Tuesdays and Fridays.
• Odd addresses – Irrigation allowed Mondays and Thursdays.
• Wash paved or hard surfaces (except by bucket or for health and safety reasons)
• Wash vehicles at home (except by bucket)
• Use potable water to fill decorative water features (except to sustain aquatic life)
• Water between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (except by bucket, hose, drip irrigation or for system repair)
• Water more than 15 minutes per day (except for drip irrigation or system repair)
• Irrigate during a rain event
• Follow the City's irrigation schedule
• Recirculate water for new car washes and laundry systems
• Use recycled water for construction (if available)
• Fix leaks within 5 days
• Restaurants: Use a dish sprayer
• Hotels: Offer option to reuse linens
• Large Landscapes: Apply for a water budget as an alternative to the posted irrigation schedule
November 9, 2021 - The Mountain View City Council has declared a Stage 1 water shortage emergency condition. Below is a list of potable water-use restrictions in effect at all times.
• Allow water to run off into paved areas (gutters, sidewalks, streets)
• Allow broken equipment to waste water
• Wash paved surfaces and vehicles with a hose that does not have an automatic shutoff sprayer
• Operate a single-pass cooling system
• Fix leaks within ten days of noticing them
• Install an automatic shutoff sprayer on your hose when washing paved surfaces and vehicles
• Restaurants: Ask before serving water
Contact us for details or clarification.