Water Saving Tips for Businesses
Five-Step Plan for Conserving Water
- Make the decision to commit to water conservation.
- Create a water conservation team or select a water conservation leader.
- Set a water conservation goal for your business.
- Develop a plan to help your business save water.
- Monitor your results and report on how much water your business is saving.
Components of a Water Conservation Plan
- Review your business water consumption history and understand which areas use the most water (irrigation, domestic, cooling, etc.).
- Identify opportunities to save water, including participating in free programs and rebates offered by the Santa Clara Valley Water District.
- Upgrade your water-using fixtures and appliances (including toilets, faucet aerators, restaurant spray nozzles, landscape planting and irrigation components). Take advantage of our free programs and rebates.
- Select tasks to be performed periodically, such as leak checks and irrigation schedule adjustments.
- Distribute information to employees about saving water at work and at home.
Call us at (650) 903-6216 for guidance or assistance with conserving water.