Recycling & Zero Waste
SERVICE IMPACTS DURING THE SHELTER IN PLACE ORDER
- Normal curbside services have resumed.
- Visit the Virtual Outreach Table for answers to your frequently asked recycling and zero waste questions.
- On Call Plus clean up appointments have resumed. Schedule an appointment by contacting Recology at (650) 967-3034.
FACILITY ACCESS CHANGES
- The Buy-Back Center for the redemption of CRV containers at 935 Terra Bella Avenue is open by appointment only. Residents may make appointments online or by calling Recology. Learn about the guidelines for CRV appointments here.
- The SMaRT Station is open to the public seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for: disposal (including the use of On Call Plus vouchers, contact Recology to request a voucher); drop-off recycling, e-waste, and sharps disposal; and free compost pick-up.
- The Buy-Back Center at the SMaRT Station is open by appointment only and closes at 4:00 p.m.. You can schedule an appointment online or call 408-752-8530.
The following local stores are open for donation drop-offs:
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore San Jose located at 1608 Plumas Drive, San Jose (updated donation criteria)
- Limited Goodwill Silicon Valley locations - updated list here