Recycling & Zero Waste
SERVICE IMPACTS DURING THE SHELTER IN PLACE ORDER
- Normal curbside services have resumed.
- Visit the Virtual Outreach Table for answers to your frequently asked recycling and zero waste questions.
- On Call Plus clean up appointments have resumed. Schedule an appointment by contacting Recology at (650) 967-3034.
FACILITY ACCESS CHANGES
- The Buy-Back Center for the redemption of CRV containers at 935 Terra Bella Avenue is open by appointment only. Residents may make appointments online or by calling Recology. Learn about the guidelines for CRV appointments here.
- The SMaRT Station is open to the public for most services including disposal, recycling drop-off, and compost pickup, Monday to Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Buy-Back Center at the SMaRT Station is open by appointment only. You can schedule an appointment online or call 408-752-8530.
- The Mountain View HHW Event on August 15 has been cancelled. Limited HHW drop-off events are available in San Jose. Appointments can be made at
- The Paper Shredding Event on July 11 has been cancelled. For immediate document shredding needs, these local businesses offer shredding services:
-- Office Depot, 910 El Monte Ave, Mountain View ($0.99 per pound)
-- UPS Store, 650 Castro Street, Mountain View ($0.99 per pound)
-- FedEx Office Print & Ship Center, 1935 W El Camino Real, Mountain View ($1.49 per pound)
Home Shredding Tips - If you use a personal shredder at home, put shredded papers in paper bags, stapled shut, to prevent shreds from littering the neighborhood when your cart is collected. Put the bag under the mixed paper lid (grey). If you live in an apartment, put the bag in the Mixed Paper cart.
The following local stores are open for donation drop-offs:
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore San Jose located at 1608 Plumas Drive, San Jose (updated donation criteria)
- Limited Goodwill Silicon Valley locations - updated list here