public WORKS COUNTER
- In response to the surge in COVID-19 cases, the Public Works Counter will be closed for in-person services through January 31, 2022. Staff will continue to work and provide services virtually during regular business hours.
- Please see the Land Development page for more detailed information regarding permit applications and inspections.
- General Inquiries: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 650-903-6311.
- Please check the City website for updates as these dates are subject to change.
The Public Works Department provides high-quality, cost-effective services that ensure that the design, construction, maintenance and operation of public infrastructure, facilities and services are responsive to the needs of residents, businesses and other City departments.
The Public Works Department is responsible for a diverse set of programs and activities to protect and enhance the health, safety, and quality of life in our community. These responsibilities include:
- Planning, designing, reviewing, constructing, operating, maintaining and improving the City's infrastructure
- Managing the City's water, wastewater and recycled water systems
- Operating and maintaining the City's landfill postclosure systems to ensure regulatory compliance
- Managing and implementing the City's annual Capital Improvement Program
- Reviewing, permitting and inspecting private development projects in the City's right-of-way
- Planning, designing and implementing traffic operational improvements for the safe, efficient and convenient circulation of vehicle, bicycle and pedestrian traffic throughout the community
- Maintaining City buildings and the City's vehicle and equipment fleet
- Administering the City's Solid Waste, and Real Estate Management programs