COVID-19 News and Information
Last updated: 7/14/2020 at 10:27:39 AM
Get Updates in Your Inbox
Sign up to get The Briefing, a 3x per week update on Mountain View-specific information related to COVID-19, sent to your email by texting MVCOVID to 22828 or click here
Read Past Briefings
Message from the Mayor
Message from the Mayor (in English, Spanish, Chinese and Russian)
July 14, 2020
June 26, 2020
June 25, 2020
June 1, 2020
May 29, 2020
- Mountain View Extends Eviction Protections
- Mountain View Extiende Protección Contra el Desalojo
- Castro Street Closure: The City has received numerous requests about the possibility of closing Castro Street to support downtown restaurants. City staff is developing a plan to allow outdoor dining on the 100-400 blocks of Castro Street during the summer months once the shelter-in-place order is modified. The goal is to support downtown businesses while meeting social distancing requirements. As part of this planning effort, staff has been talking with the businesses on how best to make this work for them, coming up with potential layouts for tables that maintains social distancing and pedestrian paths, working with VTA on plans to re-route buses and move bus stops, and preparing logistics and operations plans. In conjunction with this work, City staff is also identifying short term parking spaces in City-owned parking lots or garages located behind Castro Street to support the increasing demand for curbside and take out services. Additional information about the plan will be shared through The Briefing and on the City website soon.
- Summer Food Program - free lunch and snack for households with youth 18 and under.
May 22, 2020
- Free COVID-19 Mobile Testing on May 25 in Mountain View for anyone who wants to get tested at a mobile pop-up testing site. Go to the Rengstorff Park Aquatic Center parking lot on Monday, May 25 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. ONLY ON MAY 25. The testing is free to everyone and does not require any insurance, appointments, documentation or pre-registration. Drive-ups, bike-ups or walk-ups are all welcome.
May 18, 2020
May 15, 2020
May 13, 2020
May 5, 2020
- The City is temporarily suspending the reusable bag ordinance until the Governor's Executive Order expires, which is currently expected to be June 22 (unless extended).
- Council approves re-allocation of Successor Agency funds in the amount of $1 million to help fill the need for rent relief.
May 4, 2020