Current Levels of Service
Mountain View City Hall will reopen on Monday, July 12. For more details about the City's phased reopening and available services, visit the City's Phased Reopening webpage.
6/11/2021 5:15 p.m.
As the State plans to reopen California’s economy on June 15, 2021 based on vaccination numbers and low COVID-19 hospitalizations, the City is planning a phased reopening of its facilities over the coming months.
For details, view the City's Phased Reopening webpage.
3/3/2021 9:36:03 AM
Current City Services
City facilities and buildings will remain closed to the public, in accordance with the Santa Clara County Public Health Department's revised shelter-in-place orders, until further notice. Essential services provided by the City such as emergency services and water and sewer operations will continue.
The following City services have closed facilities, but are still providing service to our community remotely:
- Community Development - call 650-903-6379 or email.
- Building & Fire - Contact by email or call 650-903-6313.
- Accepting all Building and Fire permits. Visit this webpage for submittal and appointment instructions.
- Building Inspections: Accepting new requests for building inspection. Inspections can be scheduled by calling 650-903-6313. Inspection must be requested by 3PM, on a business day the day prior to requested inspection date.
- Fire Inspections: Accepting new requests for fire inspection. Inspections can be scheduled by calling 650-903-6313. Inspections are scheduled as they are available.
- Environmental Safety/HazMat - Inspection services for life safety emergencies only. To schedule an inspection, email FEPDinspections@mountainview.gov with the site address and brief description or request.
- Housing - Contact by email or call 650-903-6379.
- Find rent relief resources here.
- Planning - Contact by email or call 650-903-6306.
- Accepting all Planning Applications electronically.
- Conducting Planning Inspections for construction activity.
- Community Services - call 650-903-6331
- Finance & Administrative Services - call 650-903-6317 or email
- Library - call 650-903-6887
- Police - call 650-903-6334
- Essential services provided by appointment. Make an appointment here.
- Visit their webpage for general information
- Public Works - call 650-903-6311 or email
- Accepting all Public Works permits. Send an email of the request and/or electronic excavation permit application.
- Conducting Public Works inspections for construction activity. Email Public Works or call 650-903-6311 to schedule an inspection.
Individuals and businesses needing assistance may visit the City's COVID-19 Community Resource Page.
Update on Reopened City Services
- Based on the latest State of California guidance issued on Dec. 14, 2020 about Youth and Adult Sports, the City of Mountain View is reopening some programs effectively:
- Group and private tennis lessons
- Group and private golf lessons
Also, for the City's tennis courts, a maximum of two households per tennis court are allowed as long as social distancing is maintained and face coverings are worn 100% of the time.
For more information, visit the City's Recreation Division online.
- Due to the Regional Stay-at-Home Order, the City of Mountain View is canceling several programs as of Saturday, Dec. 12, 2020 to limit members from different households from gathering. The programs are:
- Athletic field permits
- Outdoor exercise classes offered through the City's Recreation Division
- Group and private tennis lessons (now available as of Dec. 14, 2020)
- Group and private golf lessons (now available as of Dec. 14, 2020)
Cancellations to the above programs will remain in effect until Jan. 4, 2021 unless it's extended or modified under County or State public health guidance.
At this time, the Community Services Department will continue to operate the following programs that are allowed under the public health order:
- Lap swim
- The Recreation Division's preschool program
The public will also see new signage at tennis courts, stating that the new State Order limits play to only members of the same households to play together. (See changes effective as of Dec. 14, 2020)
City pools are open for limited programs. Please sign up for the Recreation Newsletter for the latest program information.
The fenced-in dog parks at Rengstorff and Shoreline are open.
Tennis, pickleball, and bocce ball courts throughout the City are open.
Santa Clara County Order on Activities and Businesses
Activities & Businesses Allowed
Activities & Businesses Not Allowed
- Indoor playgrounds and amusement centers
- Indoor protests
- Indoor swimming pools, spas, & saunas
- Offices in non-essential sectors
- Indoor facilities used for activities where face masks are removed (including but not limited to smoking lounges, saunas, steam rooms, and heated exercise studios)
- Non-residential adult and elder day care facilities
- Nightclubs, music and concert venues