Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Page
Last updated: 3/31/2020 at 11:09:31 AM
Sign up to get The Briefing, a 3x per week update on Mountain View-specific information related to COVID-19, sent to your email by texting MVCOVID to 22828 or click here
- March 31: Mountain View Suspends Renter Evictions through May 31 for COVID-19 related hardships
- March 30 edition of The Briefing
- March 30: Mountain View Community Receives Funds from Google for COVID Relief Efforts
- March 28: Mountain View City Council Bumps COVID-19 City Relief Package to $1.3 million (updated March 29 for clarification)
- March 28 The Briefing "Special Edition"
- March 27 edition of The Briefing
- March 26: Emergency Council Meeting to discuss on-going and expansion of COVID-relief efforts and an urgency ordinance to suspend evictions for nonpayment of rent due to COVID hardships.
- March 26 The Briefing *Special Edition*
- March 25: Bay Area School Closures and Student Dismissals From Regular School Attendance to be Extended Through May 1, 2020
- March 25 edition of The Briefing
- March 24 Countywide Food Distribution with Help from National Guard: The City of San Jose has taken the lead in setting up a countywide food distribution system with an initial focus on the most vulnerable populations, seniors (60+) and those with medical conditions. To this end, Second Harvest Food Bank of Silicon Valley requested and is receiving assistance from the California National Guard. As the COVID-19 crisis continues, Second Harvest is experiencing a significant increase in calls for food assistance. Calls have increased from an average of 200 to more than 1,000 per day, and all other food distributors are seeing an increase in clients as well. The CA National Guard is helping Second Harvest prepare food quickly and safely for the most vulnerable people in our communities. Volunteers are still needed; visit shfb.org to sign up or donate funds. Anyone in need of food should call Second Harvest’s Food Connection Hotline at 1-800-984-3663. Check out other ways to volunteer or donate at Ways to Help Your Community (#TogetherMV)
- Tax Filing Deadlines are now July 15 with no interest penalties. State Information, IRS Information
- March 23 edition of The Briefing
- March 21 Santa Clara County New Release: Santa Clara County Announces New Reporting of Non-Essential Businesses Operating in Violation of Health Officer Order to Shelter in Place.
- March 20 edition of The Briefing
- Social Security Offices Close for In-Person Services. Online Services are still available
- March 20 News Release: Mountain View Approves a Half-Million COVID-19 Relief Package
- March 19 edition of The Briefing
- March 18 Message from the Mayor (in English, Spanish, Chinese and Russian)
- March 18 edition of The Briefing
- March 17 edition of The Briefing
- March 16 edition of The Briefing
- March 16 News Release:City of Mountain View Pauses All Non-Essential Services Starting March 17
- March 12 News Release on Mountain View Declaring a Local Emergency English Version, Spanish Version, Chinese Version, Russian Version
The Santa Clara County Public Health Department has a webpage dedicated to novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in English, Chinese, Spanish and Vietnamese at www.sccphd.org/coronavirus. The City of Mountain View will also keep a direct weblink to the County Public Health page at www.MountainView.gov.