Career Online High School
Earn a High School Diploma and a Career Certification for free through the Mountain View Public Library and the California State Library. Scholarships are available to eligible applicants to earn an accredited diploma and credentialed career certificate in one of ten high-growth, high-demand fields with Career Online High School (COHS).
How Do I Apply?
- Complete the self-assessment form online and receive authorization from the Library to enroll in the two-week long prerequisite course.
- Register and complete the first prerequisite course within two weeks. Browse and choose the your career focus e.g. Part 1 - Certified Protection Officer. Use your library card number to enroll in the course of your choice.
- If you successfully complete the prerequisite course with a 70% or higher rating within two weeks or less, we will contact you to schedule an interview to discuss your application for a scholarship award.
- Upon completion of the interview, we will contact you within three days about the scholarship award. If accepted into the program, you will enroll in Part 2 of the career area you selected for your prerequisite course.
What are the requirements?
- 19 years of age or older
- Resident of Mountain View
- Have a Mountain View Public Library card of good standing (or willing to apply for a card)
- Commit at least 10 hours a week to coursework
- Comfortable reading, writing, and speaking in English
- Successfully completed at least the 8th grade
- Comfortable using an online learning platform
Why choose Career Online High School?
- 24/7 online classroom makes it simple for students to access courses at anytime, from anywhere.
- Receive extensive career development support that prepares students for careers in high-growth, high-demand fields.
- Access to academic coaches, certified instructors, and 24/7 technical support.
- Learn the tools needed to start or advance your career, including creating a resume and cover letter.
Looking for more information?