Library Exhibits Policy
The City of Mountain View Public Library makes exhibit space available for exhibits and displays that support Library programs, City services and events or which are of cultural value and interest to the community. The exhibit space is not established as a public forum. Library- or City-created and/or sponsored displays have priority. Members of the community can request to use the exhibit space as outlined below. Accepting an exhibit does not constitute endorsement by the Library. The Library makes the determination of what materials can be exhibited based on the criteria listed in the regulations below.
- Criteria for determining exhibit acceptance include, but are not limited to: Library- or City-sponsored services, programs or events; quality of the exhibit; relevance to the community; appropriateness of subject matter; and uniqueness of the materials.
- The Library has the following exhibit areas available:
- Three enclosed exhibit cases, one on the first floor and two on the second floor. These cases are appropriate for exhibiting two- and three-dimensional objects.
- Bulletin boards that are specifically dedicated to youth art displays in the Children's Room and the Teen Zone.
- Some exhibit space is specifically reserved for Library use; e.g., the kiosk on the second floor.
- On occasion, the Library may arrange special exhibits utilizing wall space; for example, the quilt display which accompanied the memorial quilt event.
- Exhibits are typically scheduled for one month at a time. Exhibit space may be booked for up to 12 months in advance; for example, to coordinate with a specific event, such as Arbor Day. The Library reserves the right to reschedule an exhibit if a conflict arises.
- The same individual or group may not mount an exhibit more than one time in any 24-month period. (Library-sponsored and City exhibits are not limited.)
- The person reserving the exhibit must complete a Short Form Art Loan and Exhibition Agreement (LIB-F001) that includes specific information about responsibility and liability.
- Contact information for the person mounting the exhibit must be made available as part of the exhibit.
- The Library does not promote the sale of exhibited items. No pricing information is to be included or given out at the Library.
- The person reserving the exhibit is responsible for arranging and removing the exhibit in the cases at a mutually convenient time when the Library is open and staff is available.
- Responsibility for reservations and coordination of exhibits is delegated to the following:
- Exhibit cases -- Adult Services staff
- Children's bulletin boards-- Children's Services staff
- Teen art displays-- Teen Services staff
Criteria for determining exhibit acceptance include, but are not limited to: Library- or City-sponsored services, programs or events; quality of the exhibit; relevance to the community; appropriateness of subject matter; and uniqueness of the materials.
Adopted by the Library Board of Trustees: February 28, 2005
Download a copy of the Library Exhibits Policy