Current Library Services
A friendly reminder - If you had items checked out before the Library building closure, those items are due July 1, 2020. Items can be returned in the manual slot on the front door 24/7. Items are quarantined for 72 hours before check in and may still show on your account. No fines will accrue as we are fine free. (updated: 06/30/20)
Grab & Go holds Pick-Up Service begins Tuesday, June 16
The Mountain View Public Library building is currently closed to the public; however, starting June 16, 2020, holds may be picked up in front of the Library. All Library and LINK+ materials may be returned at the front of the Library. Items checked out before June 16 are not due until July 1. Starting June 16, regular loan periods will apply. (updated: 06/10/20)
Hours and Location:
- Tuesday through Saturday, 2:00-6:00 p.m.
- 585 Franklin Street - The line begins at the surface parking lot.
When using the service customers need to:
- Wear a face mask
- Maintain six (6) feet social distancing
- Stay home if you feel sick
Library Services during the closure
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, streaming media, and databases are available 24/7 at our Digital Library.
- Get a digital card to access all our free digital resources.
- Search our catalog and place holds.
- Staff are checking emails and voicemails so feel free to contact us and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
- Dial-a-Story: Call us at (650) 903-6771 anytime and hear one of your librarians read a three to five minute story. A new story every Monday.
- A new pre-recorded storytime is posted weekly on the Library's Facebook account.
- Check the Library Calendar for upcoming virtual programs such as virtual Language Swap.
- Seeds from our Seed Library to reserve and pick-up through our Grab & Go Holds Pick-Up Service. How it works.
- The building is closed.
- In-person and Bookmobile services are unavailable.
- LINK+ is not available for request.
- The Library is not accepting book donations at this time.
- Volunteer opportunities are unavailable at this time.
- Homebound service is suspended at this time.