Current Library Services
Following the State’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy, the Mountain View Public Library facility is now open to the public for limited services and at a limited capacity.
- In Library Browsing and Lobby Holds Pickup: Thursday to Saturday, 2 p.m.-6 p.m.
- Quick browsing. Maximum of 45 minutes.
- Masks are required at all times.
- Maintain distance of at least 6 feet.
- Stay home if your are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Computer appointments, up to 45 minutes: Thursday to Saturday, 2 p.m.-5:45 p.m.
- A limited number of computers are available to the public.
- Computer support from staff will not be available.
- Free printing, up to 10 pages.
- Appointments can be made 7 days in advance.
- Grab and Go Holds Pickup outside the Library will continue on Tuesday and Wednesday, 2 p.m.-6 p.m.
- Request up to 15 items through the Library Catalog.
- When you receive notice that your holds are ready for pickup, schedule an appointment to pickup or call 650-903-6336.
- Items will be available for pickup at your appointment time outside the Library on Franklin St.
- If you do not have an appointment, you can still pickup by providing your Library card number.
- Free Wi-Fi available 24/7 outside the Library.
- All patrons must follow COVID-19 protocols inside and outside the library, including:
- Wearing a face covering over the mouth and nose.
- Maintaining six feet distance from others outside their household.
- Staying home if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
Services Currently Not Available
- Bookmobile service
- Cash handling
- Volunteer opportunities
- Book donations of any kind
- Copier and scanner
- General information, accounts or computer appointments:: Call 650-903-6336 or email Customer Service.
- All other questions, visit the Contact Us page.
The Library is committed to the health and safety of our staff and customers. We will continue to assess and adjust the service and schedule, as needed.