Current Library Services
Library services will be closed on Wednesday, November 11 in observance of Veterans Day.
The Mountain View Public Library building is currently closed to the public; however, holds may be placed through the Library Catalog and picked up in front of the Library when they become available (Grab & Go).
Schedule a Grab & Go appointment online; or call us at (650) 903-6336 between 10:00am and 6:00pm, Monday through Saturday to book your appointment. Grab & Go Holds Pick Up is available Tuesday through Saturday from 2:00pm to 6:00pm.
For community information and resources about COVID-19, visit the COVID-19 Community Resources page.
Materials quarantined for 96 hours before check in
All Library and LINK+ materials may be returned at the front of the Library, in the slot on the front door 24/7. Items are quarantined for 96 hours before check in and may still show on your account. No fines will accrue as we are fine free.
Hours and Location for Grab & Go Holds
- Tuesday through Saturday, 2:00-6:00 pm.
- 585 Franklin Street - The line begins at the surface parking lot.
HOW IT WORKS
- Request up to 20 items through the Library Catalog.
- Wait until you receive an email notice informing you that your holds items are ready for pick-up.
- By appointment:
- No appointment:
- Please provide your Library card number.
- The line starts from the surface parking lot next to the Library, 585 Franklin St.
When using the Grab & Go Service, customers need to:
- Wear a face mask
- Maintain six (6) ft. social distancing
- Stay home if you feel sick
Get your full card after signing up for a temporary card online
Pick up your full card using the Grab & Go Service after signing up for a temporary card online. Please bring your current photo ID. For children under age 13, a parent or legal guardian must provide their own photo ID.
Pay charges on your account online
Pay charges on your Library account online using a credit card. Payments cannot be accepted at the Grab & Go Service.
- About your Library account or hold items: Call (650) 903-6336 or email Customer Service.
- Reading recommendations or Library programs:
Library Services during the closure
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, streaming media, and databases are available 24/7 at our Digital Library.
- Request books from other libraries through our LINK+ Service and pick them up during our Grab & Go hours.
- Get a digital card to access all our free digital resources.
- Search our catalog and place holds.
- Staff are checking emails and voicemails so feel free to contact us and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
- A new pre-recorded storytime is posted weekly on the Library's Facebook account.
- Check the Library Calendar for upcoming virtual programs such as virtual Language Swap.
- Seeds from our Seed Library to reserve and pick-up through our Grab & Go Holds Pick-Up Service. How it works.
- The building is closed.
- Bookmobile services are unavailable.
- The Library is not accepting book donations at this time.
- Volunteer opportunities are unavailable at this time.