Current Library Services
Library services will be closed Monday, January 18 in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
The Mountain View Public Library building is currently closed to the public; however, holds may be placed through the Library Catalog and picked up in front of the Library when they become available (Grab & Go).
Library materials are now automatically renewed on their due dates if there are no holds and the maximum number of checkouts has not been reached. The phone renewal service (650) 940-1015 has been discontinued.
Schedule a Grab & Go appointment online; or call us at (650) 903-6336 between 10:00am and 6:00pm, Monday through Saturday to book your appointment. Grab & Go Holds Pick Up is available Tuesday through Saturday from 2:00pm to 6:00pm.
For community information and resources about COVID-19, visit the COVID-19 Community Resources page.
Materials quarantined for 96 hours before check in
All Library and LINK+ materials may be returned at the front of the Library, in the slot on the front door 24/7. Items are quarantined for 96 hours before check in and may still show on your account. No fines will accrue as we are fine free.
Hours and Location for Grab & Go Holds
- Tuesday through Saturday, 2:00-6:00 pm.
- 585 Franklin Street - The line begins at the surface parking lot.
HOW IT WORKS
- Request up to 30 items through the Library Catalog.
- Wait until you receive an email notice informing you that your holds items are ready for pick-up.
- By appointment:
- No appointment:
- Please provide your Library card number.
- The line starts from the surface parking lot next to the Library, 585 Franklin St.
When using the Grab & Go Service, customers need to:
- Wear a face mask
- Maintain six (6) ft. social distancing
- Stay home if you feel sick
Get your full card after signing up for a temporary card online
Pick up your full card using the Grab & Go Service after signing up for a temporary card online. Please bring your current photo ID. For children under age 13, a parent or legal guardian must provide their own photo ID.
Pay charges on your account online
Pay charges on your Library account online using a credit card. Payments cannot be accepted at the Grab & Go Service.
- About your Library account or hold items: Call (650) 903-6336 or email Customer Service.
- Reading recommendations or Library programs:
Library Services during the closure
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, streaming media, and databases are available 24/7 at our Digital Library.
- Request books from other libraries through our LINK+ Service and pick them up during our Grab & Go hours.
- Get a digital card to access all our free digital resources.
- Search our catalog and place holds.
- Staff are checking emails and voicemails so feel free to contact us and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
- Check the Library Calendar for upcoming virtual programs such as virtual Language Swap.
- Seeds from our Seed Library to reserve and pick-up through our Grab & Go Holds Pick-Up Service. How it works.
- The building is closed.
- Bookmobile services are unavailable.
- The Library is not accepting book donations at this time.
- Volunteer opportunities are unavailable at this time.