Current Library Services
Library Services Updates (08/03/2020)
- LINK+ Service - You can now request books from other libraries through our LINK+ service starting August 3. Request books on the LINK+ Catalog and pick up during our Grab & Go hours.
- Holds Limit Increase from 15 to 20 - Due to demand, we have temporarily increased the holds limit per account from 15 to 20.
- Materials Quarantined for 96 hours Before Check In - All Library and LINK+ materials may be returned at the front of the Library, in the manual slot on the front door 24/7. Items are quarantined for 96 hours before check in and may still show on your account. No fines will accrue as we are fine free.
Grab & Go Holds Pick Up Service
The Mountain View Public Library building is currently closed to the public; however, holds may be placed through the Library catalog and picked up in front of the Library when they become available.
For additional, currently available Library services.
Hours and Location for Grab & Go Holds:
- Tuesday through Saturday, 2:00-6:00 p.m.
- 585 Franklin Street - The line begins at the surface parking lot.
When using the service customers need to:
- Wear a face mask
- Maintain six (6) feet social distancing
- Stay home if you feel sick
Library Services during the closure
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, streaming media, and databases are available 24/7 at our Digital Library.
- Request books from other libraries through our LINK+ Service and pick them up during our Grab & Go hours.
- Get a digital card to access all our free digital resources.
- Search our catalog and place holds.
- Staff are checking emails and voicemails so feel free to contact us and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
- Dial-a-Story: Call us at (650) 903-6771 anytime and hear one of your librarians read a three to five minute story. A new story every Monday.
- A new pre-recorded storytime is posted weekly on the Library's Facebook account.
- Check the Library Calendar for upcoming virtual programs such as virtual Language Swap.
- Seeds from our Seed Library to reserve and pick-up through our Grab & Go Holds Pick-Up Service. How it works.
- The building is closed.
- Bookmobile services are unavailable.
- The Library is not accepting book donations at this time.
- Volunteer opportunities are unavailable at this time.