Current Library Services
Following the State’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy, the Mountain View Public Library facility will reopen to the public for limited services and at a limited capacity starting on Thursday, April 15.
Beginning April 15, these are the new available services:
- In-Library Browsing & Lobby Holds Pickup: Thursday to Saturday, 2:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Almost the entire Library collection will be available to browse and holds will be available to pickup in the Lobby. No reservation is required to browse or pickup holds.
- To encourage safe and efficient Library visits and to minimize time spent in the building, modifications have been made to some library amenities and the number of people in the building will be limited.
Social distancing must be maintained, including face coverings over the mouth and nose and keeping 6 feet distance from others. Stay home if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Computer appointments, up to 45 minutes: Thursday to Saturday, 2:00 to 5:45 p.m.
- A limited number of computers will be available to the public, starting on April 15.
- Computer support from staff will not be available.
- Free printing, up to 10 pages.
- Appointments can be made 7 days in advance.
- Grab and Go Holds Pickup outside the Library will continue on Tuesday and Wednesday, 2:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Request up to 30 items through the Library Catalog.
- When you receive notice that your holds are ready for pickup, schedule an appointment to pickup or call 650-903-6336.
- Items will be available for pickup at your appointment time outside the Library on Franklin St.
- If you do not have an appointment, you can still pickup by providing your Library card number.
- All patrons must follow COVID-19 protocols inside and outside the library, including:
- Wearing a face covering over the mouth and nose.
- Maintaining six feet distance from others outside their household.
- Staying home if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
Services Currently Not Available
- Bookmobile service
- Cash handling
- Volunteer opportunities
- Book donations of any kind
- Copier and scanner
- General information, accounts or computer appointments:: Call 650-903-6336 or email Customer Service.
- All other questions, visit the Contact Us page.
The Library is committed to the health and safety of our staff and customers. We will continue to assess and adjust the service and schedule, as needed.