About Us

finance calculatorMission Statement

The mission of the Finance and Administrative Services Department is to "support the planning and management of the City’s fiscal affairs and to provide internal administrative services to all City departments."

The Finance and Administrative Services Department is responsible for the administration of the financial affairs and internal support activities of the City. The Department provides financial, analytical, purchasing and document processing, and Workers’ Compensation and liability support to all City departments and programs; manages the City’s investment portfolio; and coordinates the City’s budget process and annual independent audit. Specifically, the Department processes payroll, accounts receivable, utility billings, all City revenues, accounting entries, accounts payable, financial reporting, purchase orders, and Council reports and other documents to Council. The Department is also responsible for warehousing, copying, and mail for internal support functions. In addition, the Department provides staff support to the Council Finance Committee and Investment Review Committee.