The Mountain View Senior is an all-purpose facility that offers programs and services for adults 55 years of age and over. Come discover what the Senior Center has to offer.
SENIOR CENTER UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19
Out of an abundance of caution and following recommendations from the Santa Clara County Public Health Department, the Senior Center is cancelling all programs and closing to the public with the exception of the Community Services Agency’s Senior Nutrition Program and Second Harvest Food Bank’s Brown Bag Program until further notice.
Senior Nutrition Program – walk-up, pick-up of to-go boxed lunches will take place in the back of the Senior Center parking lot. Distribution will take place Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Brown Bag – Curbside pick-up will take place in the back of the Senior Center parking lot. Brown Bag will operate under normal hours, 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. on the first through fourth Tuesday of each month.
If you are sick with a fever or respiratory symptoms we ask that you do not come to either the meal or food distribution program.
The City of Mountain View will continue to monitor guidelines for the Santa Clara County Public Health Department and will adjust accordingly.
Food and Shopping Resources for seniors
CSA Senior Nutrition To-Go Lunch Program menus are distributed on a weekly basis. To sign up to receive the weekly emails, please email the Senior Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. All menus will also be posted on the Nutrition Program page which can be found here.
Looking for a comprehensive list of stores offering special shopping hours for seniors – view the list of local retailers with age requirements and hours (Updated 02-01-2021).
Recreation Division staff have compiled a list of to-go food and food programs for seniors in our community found here. The document will be actively edited and updated as staff becomes aware of changes (Updated 02-01-2021).
Food Distribution locations and services for ALL ages in Mountain View. View the list with age requirements and hours. For additional food distribution locations available in Santa Clara County, please visit bit.ly/SVStrongFood.
Social Service Resources
- Senior Adult Legal Assistance’s (SALA) attorneys are still providing legal services over the telephone. To request legal assistance from SALA, persons 60 or older should call SALA’s Central Office at (408) 295-5991 and leave a message. The SALA staff regularly check the messages on SALA’s voicemail.
- Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program (HICAP) provides free and objective information and counseling about Medicare and are currently counseling over the telephone. Volunteer counselors can help you understand your specific rights and health care options. If you would like to schedule a telephone appointment contact HICAP at (408) 350-3200 Option 2. Please leave a detailed message and they will contact you to schedule an appointment with a Certified HICAP Counselor. You can request Maria or Roy (our Mountain View Counselors) in your voicemail.
- Apple Assistance – If you are in need of help with your Apple products, 30 minute appointments are now available to you via video conference. If you would like to set up an appointment for Thursdays between 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. please email Senior.Center@mountainview.gov.
- Friendship Line California has been created to support lonely and isolated older Californians. The service is toll-free and available to provide emotional support to older Californians (60 and older) facing loneliness, isolation, and anxiety. Californians that are 18 and older with disabilities and caregivers can also call into the hotline as well. Hotline is available 7 days a week. Call 1-888-670-1360 today.
- Friendly Voices: Are you feeling lonely? Would you like someone to talk to on the telephone? Sign up for a weekly phone buddy! Trained phone volunteers can speak English, Hindu, Spanish and Urdu. To sign up or for further information, please visit www.friendlyvoices.org.
- Are you looking for a way to give back? We are looking for volunteers to make cloth face masks and will be distributed to patrons receiving a CSA lunch, if they are in need of one. Starting Tuesday, April 21st, there will be a container outside of the Senior Center front door on Tuesdays from 9:00 – 12:00 p.m. for mask drop-off. They will be disinfected and distributed to the nutrition program participants the following week.
Mountain View Senior Center
266 Escuela Avenue
Mountain View, CA 94040
Phone: (650) 903-6330
Fax: (650) 962-1924
Monday - Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (and by reservation)
Like us on Facebook and get the latest information about what is happening at the Senior Center!