The City of Mountain View offers an American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim Program with additional enhancements to provide the highest quality swim instruction available. Classes are taught by qualified and certified instructors. Some classes may have volunteers or aides assigned to help increase the attention and practice each child receives. Lessons are tailored by age (infant, preschool, school-age) and skill level. Please check our seasonal Recreation Activity Guide for more information and class offerings.
Helpful hints when registering for swim lessons
- Children must be the appropriate age on the first day of class. No exceptions.
- Parents are encouraged to register their child for the appropriate level based on his/her skills. For assistance with determining a child’s level, call the Senior Recreation Coordinator for Aquatics at (650) 903-6405 or email email@example.com.
- Participants will be tested on the first day of class. Based on the instructor’s discretion, if a student’s ability does not meet the minimum class requirements, they may transfer to the appropriate level (if space is available) or be issued a refund.
- A class will not be overbooked to accommodate a child registered in the incorrect level.
- Children may only be registered for one class per session.
- Children progress at different rates and may need to take more than one session to pass a level.
- Children in diapers must wear a swim diaper under their swimsuit during class. No exceptions.
- Classes that do not meet the minimum enrollment will be cancelled. Participants will be notified, and given the option to register for an available class or receive a full refund.
- Our goal is to offer a ratio of 1:8 for Parent and Tot and Level 3 through 4 and a ratio of 1:6 for Preschool Aquatics and Levels 1 and 2.
- Swim lesson schedules are offered and published in the seasonal Recreation Activity Guide.
Swim Lesson Level
The City of Mountain View offers swim lessons for ages 6 Months to 14 Years. Not sure what level to register your child for? Click on the links below for more information.
Swim Lesson Assessments
Make registration a splash! Get a head start on knowing your child's swim level.
Mountain View Aquatics will be hosting swim assessments in February and March at Rengstorff Park Pool. Our instructors will test through the various levels of our swim instruction program and make the appropriate recommendation. Assessments by appointment only. Proper swimwear is required.
Make your appointment here: https://swimlessonassessment.timetap.com/#/