Parks and Trails
231 North Whisman Road
Mountain View, CA 94043
The Parks Division is responsible for the protection and maintenance of 39 urban parks and 5.0 miles of bicycle and pedestrian trails along Stevens Creek, Permanente Creek and the Hetch-Hetchy Right-of-Way. The Division is also responsible for other regional open space throughout the City.
Parks & Trail Visitor Information
Parks and trails are open from 6:00 a.m. to one-half hour after sunset.
- Motor vehicles are allowed in designated parking lots and roadways only.
- Dogs must be on leash at all times.
- Animal handlers are required to clean up after their pet.
- Groups of 50 or more people wishing to use any City park (with the exception of BBQ reservations) need to apply for a General Use Notification. Applications must be submitted at least two weeks prior to your event date, and require a five business day approval process. For more information on obtaining a General Use Notification please call (650) 903-6407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Harming or disturbing wildlife and plants; and feeding animals
- Assembly of structures, commercial vending or posting of signs
- No camping
- No fires
- No powered airplanes
- No golfing
- No weapons
- No alcohol, air jumpers/bounce house, or portable BBQ's allowed without a permit and under conditions set forth by the City. For more information on obtaining a permit, please call (650) 903-6407 or email email@example.com.
Special Provisions for Trails
- Trail users are permitted on developed trails only.
- Trail users must limit speed to trail conditions and pass with caution.
- Trails and underpasses may be closed due to seasonal flooding.
- Skateboarding is prohibited.
click here for more Parks Rules & Regulations
BE KIND TO YOUR TREES
Our mature trees were stressed by five years of drought. You can help them out by watering them with a soaker hose once a month through the hot summer.
Your trees will love you for it.