Ver en español.
Update: State Eviction Protections and Rent Relief
State eviction protections ended July 1, 2022 for tenants financially affected by COVID-19.
Click on the image to find out what to do if you receive a 3-day Notice to Pay Rent or Quit. (PDF in English, español, 中文, and Русский).
For information, contact the Mountain View Rental Housing Helpline at (650) 903-6136 or email email@example.com. Register here for virtual office hours - every Tuesday from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Housing and Eviction Help Center
The Statewide Eviction Moratorium ended on September 30, 2021; however, help for both tenants and landlords is available. The City of Mountain View’s Housing and Eviction Help Center connects landlords and tenants in Mountain View with support services in effort to reduce evictions and connect community members with housing resources. Community members can access information, receive 1:1 support, and connect with services provided by our community partners by attending Housing and Eviction Help Center Clinics, webinars and pop-up events.
The Housing and Eviction Help Center provides community members with the following wraparound support services:
- Housing Programs: Learn about rent stabilization, apply for affordable housing, and connect with rental assistance programs/check your COVID-19 rent relief status.
- Eviction Questions: Review of eviction notices and process to help landlords and tenants understand the what's happening and potential outcomes
- Legal Resources: Connect to legal resources and assistance
- Support Services: Get information on food distribution, financial assistance, mediation, homelessness prevention resources and more.
Contact MVRent@mountainview.gov for more information.
Housing and Eviction Help Center Clinics
Meet with City staff and our community partners for in-person help!
- Mountain View Public Library
- 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month!
- 585 Franklin St., 2nd floor, Program Room
To join during clinic hours, click here.
Clinics are bilingual in English and Spanish. Please email MVRent@mountainview.gov to request translations support in other languages 48 hours in advance.
Housing and Eviction HELP Center Pop-up Events
Need help? Have questions? We are out and about in the community. Come see us to learn more!
- 1st Monday of the Month at 1 p.m.: In partnership with the Community Services Agency of Mountain View and Los Altos - 204 Sterlin Ave.
- 3rd Wednesday of the Month at 2 p.m.: In partnership with the Community Services Agency of Mountain View and Los Altos - Mariano Castro Elementary School, 500 Toft St.
- 4th Wednesday of the Month at 1 p.m.: In partnership with CHAC - 260 Escuela Ave. near Learning Links Preschool
Housing and Eviction Help Center Hybrid Workshop Series
Join City staff and our community partners to learn more about tenant and landlord rights and responsibilities as well as available services and support. See below for upcoming hybrid workshops happening at the HEHC and streamed live online. Use the link below to register if planning to attend virtually.
Register here / Regístrese aquí
- November 17, 2022 - 4:00 p.m. Hybrid In-person Workshop/Virtual Webinar: Accessibility and Accommodations (Open to all - Bilingual in English and Spanish)
- December 15, 2022 - 4:00 p.m. Hybrid In-person Workshop/Virtual Webinar: Property Registration (Landlord Focused)
Missed one? Find PDFs of past workshops and webinars here.
- October 20, 2022 - 4:00 p.m. Hybrid Webinar: Habitability and Maintenance (Open to all - Bilingual)
- Sept. 15, 2022 - 4:00 p.m. Hybrid Webinar: CSA Programs (Bilingual)
- Aug. 18, 2022 - 4:00 p.m. Hybrid Webinar: Applying for Below Market Rate/Affordable Housing (Bilingual)
- July 21, 2022 - 4:00 p.m. Virtual Webinar: Preparing to Apply for Below Market Rate/ Affordable Housing (Bilingual)
- June 23, 2022 - 6:30 p.m. Virtual Webinar (Tenant Focused - Bilingual in English and Spanish): Tenant Rights
- June 16, 2022 - 4:00 p.m. Virtual Webinar: What do We Offer at the HEHC?
- May 18, 2022 - 6:30 p.m. Eviction Next Steps Webinar (Tenant Focused - Bilingual in English and Spanish): Mediation for Unpaid Rent - Can't pay rent? Served an eviction notice? Learn how mediation can help.
- May 17, 2022 - 3:00 p.m. Eviction Next Steps Webinar (Landlord Focused): Mediation for Unpaid Rent - Have a tenant who can't pay rent? Thinking of serving an eviction notice? Learn how mediation can help.
- April 20, 2022 - 6:30 pm - Eviction Next Steps Webinar (Tenant Focused): What to do if you are served an eviction notice - Seminario web sobre - los próximos pasos del desalojo (Centrado en el inquilino): Qué hacer si recibe una notificación de desalojo*
- April 19, 2022 - 3:00 p.m. Eviction Next Steps Webinar (Landlord Focused): What to do if you are thinking of serving an eviction notice.
*Translation services are available. Se habla espanol.
Contact us. | Contacto | 联系我们
- (650) 903-6136
Eviction Prevention Program Infographic Report