In order to expedite your application(s) for a change in your present address or to add a new address(es) to the City's Addressing System, please comply with the following guidelines:
- Follow the directions below and fill out all forms completely.
- An addition of an address to an Assessor's Parcel Number does not imply authorization of a subdivision. Subdivision requests must be submitted and approved in a separate process by Planning, Public Works and the City Attorney.
- Complete the Change of Address-Assignment of New Address Application Form. It is important that you include the Assessor's Parcel Number for each lot that is effected by the address(es) change. Should you require assistance in obtaining the Assessor's Parcel Number, you can contact the Public Works Department located in City Hall, 500 Castro Street. Your application will not be processed if it is not completely filled out, including the Assessor's Parcel Number(s).
- Enclose an addressed site plan showing the location of the building(s) for which you are requesting an address change or new address(es). This site plan can be provided from the building plans; a map on which you have clearly marked the location of the building(s); the page out of the Assessor's Parcel Book that shows the parcel on which your building(s) are located; or a drawing that clearly shows the location of the lot(s) and building(s) for which you are making address(es) change request.
- Include a check in the amount of $195.00 per address that you are requesting to be changed or added. This fee covers the staff time required to process your application; notification of AT&T, PG&E, U.S. Post Office, County Assessor's Office and other City departments and agencies; creation of a new permanent address file(s); and updating the City's computer addressing system. All of your application fee shall be refunded should your application be disapproved by the City.
- Submit the completed application(s) and the site plan(s) to the Building Inspection Division located in City Hall, Mountain View Civic Center, 500 Castro Street, Mountain View, CA 94041
- All applications will be processed approximately fifteen (15) working days from the time your application(s) has been received.
Should you have any questions regarding this application, please call the Building Inspection Division at (650) 903-6313.