Rental Housing Committee
The Rental Housing Committee (RHC) is established by the voter-approved Community Stabilization and Fair Rent Act (CSFRA), and consists of five members and one alternate member. It is tasked with implementing and administering the CSFRA. Click here for updates on the CSFRA.
The Committee consists of:
- Matthew Grunewald (Chair)
- Emily Ramos (Vice- Chair)
- Vanessa Oldenkamp Honey
- Julian Pardo de Zela
- Susyn Almond
- Nicole Haines-Livesay (Alternate)
View the Roster for additional information.
Rental Housing Committee Duties
Pursuant to the CSFRA, the Committee’s powers and duties include:
- Set Rents at fair and equitable levels.
- Establish rules and regulations for administration and enforcement of the CSFRA.
- Determine and publicize the Annual General Adjustment.
- Appoint Hearing Officers to conduct hearings on Petitions for individual Rent Adjustments.
- Adjudicate petitions and issue decisions with orders for appropriate relief.
- Administer oaths and affirmations and subpoena witnesses and relevant documents.
- Establish a budget.
- Administer the withdrawal process for the removal of Rental Units from the rental housing market.
- Hold public hearings.
- Conduct studies, surveys, investigations and hearings.
- Report periodically to City Council.
- Publicize the provisions of the CSFRA.
- Establish a schedule of Penalties for non-compliance.
- Pursue civil remedies in courts of appropriate jurisdiction, subject to City Council approval.
- Intervene as an interested party in litigation with respect to Covered Rental Units, subject to City Council approval.
- Any other duties necessary to administer and enforce the CSFRA.
Rental Housing Committee Meetings
RHC Meetings will be held on the following Mondays at 7:00 p.m. at City Hall:
| December 9, 2019 | January 13, 2020 |
View the 2019 and full 2020 RHC meeting schedule here.
City Hall, 2nd Floor
500 Castro St.
Mountain View, CA 94041
Meeting dates and location are subject to change.
Agendas will be posted at least 72 hours in advance
(You may also view the Current Agenda on the bulletin board by the front doors of City Hall at 500 Castro Street.)
The Community Development Department's CSFRA Program supports the Rental Housing Committee. For additional information, please contact the CSFRA Program at (650) 903-6136 or by email at RHC@mountainview.gov.