Rental Housing Committee
Rental Housing Committee
The Rental Housing Committee (RHC) is established by the voter-approved Community Stabilization and Fair Rent Act (CSFRA), and consists of five members and one alternate member. It is tasked with implementing and administering the CSFRA. Click here to learn more about the CSFRA and the Rent Stabilization Program in Mountain View.
The Committee consists of:
- Emily Ramos (Chair)
- Susyn Almond (Vice-Chair)
- Matthew Grunewald
- Julian Pardo de Zela
- Nicole Haines-Livesay
- Alternate (Vacant)
View the Roster for additional information.
Rental Housing Committee Duties
Pursuant to the CSFRA, the Committee’s powers and duties include:
- Setting Rents at fair and equitable levels.
- Establishing rules and regulations for administration and enforcement of the CSFRA.
- Determining and publicize the Annual General Adjustment.
- Appointing Hearing Officers to conduct hearings on Petitions for individual Rent Adjustments.
- Adjudicating petitions and issuing decisions with orders for appropriate relief.
- Administering oaths and affirmations and subpoena witnesses and relevant documents.
- Establishing a budget.
- Administering the withdrawal process for the removal of Rental Units from the rental housing market.
- Holding public hearings.
- Conducting studies, surveys, investigations and hearings.
- Reporting periodically to City Council.
- Publicizing the provisions of the CSFRA.
- Establishing a schedule of Penalties for non-compliance.
- Pursuing civil remedies in courts of appropriate jurisdiction, subject to City Council approval.
- Intervening as an interested party in litigation with respect to Covered Rental Units, subject to City Council approval.
- Any other duties necessary to administer and enforce the CSFRA.
RHC MEETING SCHEDULE
The next RHC Meeting is scheduled for Monday, January 25, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. and will be held remotely. The meeting will include a study session where the RHC will consider a potential Capital Improvement Petition Process.
Members of the Public wishing to participate or watch the meeting or provide public comment may do so by registering here.
View the 2021 RHC meeting schedule here.
Meeting dates and location are subject to change.
Agendas will be posted at least 72 hours in advance.
The Community Development Department's Rent Stabilization Program supports the Rental Housing Committee. For additional information, please contact the Rent Stabilization Program at (650) 903-6125 or by email at RHC@mountainview.gov.