Council Goals and Accomplishments
City Council Major Goals for Fiscal Years 2019-20 and 2020-21
The City of Mountain View has many critical services, programs and projects under way to fulfill its mission and help make Mountain View a great community to live, work, visit and play. These efforts will continue. In addition, through a deliberate goal-setting process, the City Council has identified the following four major goals to emphasize during the next two years and the specific projects to fulfill those goals. In pursuit of these achievements, the City will continue to work collaboratively with its regional partners in order to enhance the quality of life for all Mountain View residents.
- Promote a Community for All with a Focus on Strategies to Protect Vulnerable Populations and Preserve Mountain View's Socioeconomic and Cultural Diversity
- Improve the Quantity, Diversity and Affordability of Housing by Providing Opportunities for Subsidized, Middle-Income and Ownership Housing
- Develop and Implement Comprehensive and Innovative Transportation Strategies to Achieve Mobility, Connectivity and Safety for People of All Ages
- Promote Environmental Sustainability and the Quality of Life for the the Enjoyment of Current and Future Generations with a Focus on Measurable Outcomes
Click here to see a list of specific projects chosen to help achieve FY 2019-20 goals (in PDF).
Significant Accomplishments by Fiscal Year
Previous CITY COUNCIL MAJOR GOALS Fiscal Years 2017-19 and 2018-19
- Goal 1: Promote Strategies to Protect Vulnerable Populations and Preserve the Socioeconomic and Cultural Diversity of the Community
- Goal 2: Improve the Quantity, Diversity and Affordability of Housing with an Added Focus on Middle-Income and Ownership Opportunities
- Goal 3: Develop and Implement Comprehensive and Coordinated Transportation Strategies to Achieve Mobility, Connectivity and Safety for People of All Ages
- Goal 4: Promote Environmental Sustainability with a Focus on Measurable Outcomes
Click here to see a list of specific projects chosen to help achieve FY 2018-19 goals (in PDF).