Visual Arts Committee
The City of Mountain View Visual Arts Committee was established to enrich the spirit of the City through public art and related community programs and is dedicated to enlightening the imagination of the citizens. The Committee consists of seven members.
The general functions of the Visual Arts Committee include:
- Advising the City Council on the selection of art and artists for City-funded public art acquisitions
- Recommending the use and programs supported by the City's one percent and annual Capital Improvement Program allocation for art
- Advocating and developing programs for community involvement, information and education in public art
- Sponsoring art exhibits and shows; developing programs to expand art activities, events and exhibits in the City
- Working with other local and regional arts organizations to facilitate public art in the region
- Public Art Map
- The Visual Arts Committee has an active "Call for Artists" to commission an artist, or an artist team, to create the design and commission for public artwork for Pyramid Park. To apply use www.callforentry.org website APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, January 20, 2020, by 11:00 p.m. (PST). More info
- The Visual Arts Committee (VAC) has an active "Call for Artists" to commission an artist, or an artist team, to create the design and commission for public artwork for Mora Park, a planned neighborhood park at the corner of Ortega Avenue and Mora Drive. To apply use www.callforentry.org website APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, January 20, 2020, by 11:00 p.m. (PST). More info
The Visual Arts Committee meets on the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 6:00 p.m. in the Atrium Conference Room
City Hall, 1st Floor
500 Castro St.
Mountain View, CA 94041
View recent meeting agendas and minutes.
View archived meeting agendas and minutes.
Members and Roster
The Committee consists of:
- Kristin Bahir
- Clifford Bryant
- Jesse Cupp
- Nili Helman-Caspi
- Toni Hsu
- Tootoo Thompson
- Donald Whitebread
View the Advisory Body Roster for additional information.
Visual Arts Committee Workplan
Current Visual Arts Committee projects are noted in this workplan.
The Community Development Department supports the Visual Arts Committee. For additional information or to request Agendas via email, please contact the Community Development Department at (650) 903-6306 or email email@example.com.