The National Weather Service has extended the heat advisory as warm and dry conditions continue to impact the San Francisco Bay Area. We can expect hot temperatures along the coastline through tomorrow, Saturday, October 17, 2020. Cooler temperatures are anticipated later this weekend and into next week.
Take care of yourself and your families by adhering to the following preparedness actions:
• Drink plenty of fluids
• Stay in air conditioned areas or go to an air conditioned building if you do not have A/C
• Limit outdoor strenuous activities during the hottest time of the day
• Do not leave kids or pets in vehicles
• Watch for hot pavement when walking dogs
• Check-in on relatives and neighbors
The City of Mountain View will open the Community Center located at 201 South Rengstorff Avenue from 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm today, Friday, October 16, 2020 through tomorrow, Saturday, October 17th as an air conditioned cooling center open to the public to find shelter from the heat.
The following County Public Health Department social distancing guidelines will be enforced:
• Do not enter if you have COVID-19 symptoms including fever, cough, diarrhea, headache, muscle aches, shortness of breath, unexplained loss of taste or smell
• Face covering is required (exception of children 2 years and under or if medically unadvisable)
• Maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet from others at all times
Call 9-1-1 if you are experiencing a medical emergency and remember to stay cool and safe!