The National Weather Service has forecast warming weather conditions for the San Francisco Bay Area this weekend beginning Thursday, August 13, 2020 through Saturday, August 15, 2020. Friday and Saturday look to be the hottest days with temperatures in Mountain View eclipsing the 90° mark. Forecasts indicate Sunday will see a brief (slight) dip in temperatures then warm up again into early next week. It is possible the heat next week will be even warmer than this Friday and Saturday.
Take care of yourself and your families by adhering to the following preparedness actions:
• Drink plenty of fluids
• Stay in air conditioned areas or go to an air conditioned building if you do not have A/C
• Limit outdoor strenuous activities during the hottest time of the day
• Do not leave kids or pets in vehicles
• Watch for hot pavement when walking dogs
• Check-in on relatives and neighbors
In anticipation of the heat, the City of Mountain View will open the Community Center located at 201 South Rengstorff Avenue from 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm Friday, August 14th and Saturday, August 15th as an air conditioned cooling center open to the public to find shelter from the heat.
The following County Public Health Department social distancing guidelines will be enforced:
• Do not enter if you have COVID-19 symptoms including fever, cough, diarrhea, headache, muscle aches, shortness of breath, unexplained loss of taste or smell
• Face covering is required (exception of children 2 years and under or if medically unadvisable)
• Maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet from others at all times
Call 9-1-1 if you are experiencing a medical emergency and remember to stay cool and safe!