Extra Services & Tags
Recycling & Yard trimmings
Free extra recycling, yard trimmings service, and fall leaf collection is available. Details below and in the Resource Winter 2017 (page 4) for preparation and set out requirements of extra materials. Please note that compost (yard trimmings) carts are collected every week since July 2017.
- If you occasionally have extra recycling, set out up to 2 extra containers of recycling next to the cart--cans and bottles in one paper bag or box, and paper materials in another. The truck is also divided into two compartments for paper and containers.
- When setting out the split-cart, be sure the wheels are against the curb and the serial number faces the street. This will ensure that the split-cart lines up with the split-truck for collection. Each truck compartment is unloaded separately at the SMaRT Station to keep paper separated from container materials.
- If you regularly have extra recycling, order a free larger or second cart from Recology at (650) 967-3034.
- For large pieces of cardboard that cannot be reused, fold or cut them into 3’x3’ size, tie or tape bundles, and place next to the recycling split-cart.
- If you have just moved in, you can also use an On Call Plus pickup for extra recycling, yard trimmings or trash. Don’t forget to offer those useful move-in boxes to your neighbors via NextDoor.com, Freecycle.org or other web applications.
- Take large amounts of cardboard to the Mountain View Recycling Center, 935 Terra Bella Avenue, Monday-Saturday or visit www.mountainview.gov/MVRC.
- For extra yard trimmings service, set out up to 2 extra containers using large paper lawn and leaf bags or plastic cans (no metal cans or plastic bags).
- If you regularly have extra trimmings, order a free larger or second cart from Recology at (650) 967-3034.
Holiday tree collection is December 26, 2016 through January 22, 2017.
Garbage & Extra Garbage Stickers
Call Recology Mountain View (650) 967-3034 to schedule a free On Call Plus Clean Up appointment or an extra collection (fee).
If you regularly have extra garbage, you can order a larger garbage cart (refuse rates apply).
If you occasionally have extra garbage, you can purchase an extra garbage sticker from most local Safeway and Nob Hill stores as well as from the City Finance & Administrative Services Department, and the Mountain View Recycling Center at 935 Terra Bella Avenue (Tues-Sat 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.). Extra garbage stickers are sold for $6 for each 32-gallon bag effective July 1, 2016.
Stores wanting to sell stickers should contact City of Mountain View, Solid Waste & Recycling staff at 650-903-6311 or firstname.lastname@example.org.