The Library has the following posting and public information "giveaway" areas available:
- Three bulletin boards on the first floor near the public elevator.
- Two bulletin boards in the Teen Zone for teen-related notices.
- One bulletin board in the Children's hallway to the Community Room for items of interest to parents and children.
- Shelf, cubicle, and holder space appropriate for bulk materials on the first floor near the elevator.
Materials may not be posted or made available any place else in the Library. Library materials and legal notices for meetings are excepted.
The Library does not accept for posting or "giveaway" any materials that advertise services that are for personal profit or use or personal messages.
All notices, flyers, brochures, etc., must be approved with an "Approved for Posting" stamp and date and then posted or placed on shelves or bulletin boards by Library staff. Notices and other information that have not been approved will be removed. A delivery person may place transit materials and bulk items in display area after such materials have been approved the first time.
Postings and information display will be for a maximum of 30 days in order to provide the opportunity for maximum use of the limited space. Bulk materials such as transit schedules are always available and updated regularly or as needed.
Library staff will be responsible for removing items after the information has expired or at the end of 30 days, whichever is sooner.
Items that are larger than 8-1/2" x11" may not be accepted for posting or display due to space limitations. Large quantities of "giveaway" materials may not be accepted due to space limitations. Frequency of accepting materials may be restricted due to available space.
Responsibility for approving, posting and placing of "giveaway" materials is delegated to the following:
- Bulletin Boards -- Adult Services staff
- Bulk items and second-floor giveaway shelf -- Circulation Services staff
- Teen bulletin board -- Teen Services staff
- Children's bulletin board for community events -- Children's Services staff