December 8, 2017 library remodel updates
The week ending December 8, 2017
- Work is continuing on the new study rooms behind the reference desk on the second floor. We hope these will be done in February.
- The first floor public restrooms have been closed and will not reopen until January 11. This is so we can complete work to ensure we comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- The international language magazines have moved to the second floor, across from the newspapers.
Here’s what’s coming up
- On Wednesday, December 13, the public Internet computers across from the reference desk on the second floor will be removed for about 6 weeks so the area can be carpeted and new furniture installed. During this time you will still have access to the bank of computers towards the magazines and the computers in the training center.
- The Children’s area will close on January 15 for about 3 months for an expansion out to the lobby. Everything will be removed, the community room will be expanded, the entire area will be carpeted, new shelving will be installed, and new furniture will be added. During this time a small collection of children’s materials will be available near the holds. Storytimes will move to the Center for Performing Arts and the View Teen Center.
- About mid-January carpeting will begin on the second floor and the adult DVDs will move to the second floor.
- When the work on the first floor restrooms is complete, the second floor restrooms will close on January 22 for about a month.
Stay tuned for further updates!