SecondStage Home Company Program
Partner with the MVCPA and become a SecondStage Home Company! SecondStage Home Company status will give booking priority and discounts in exchange for multiple performances that will fill our SecondStage calendar and our seats. It's a win-win!
SecondStage Home companies receive:
Priority for dates on SecondStage during the Primary Booking process
- Simplified contracting process all year long
Reduced fees for performance and rehearsal time (performance fees for SecondStage Home Companies start at only $185 plus minimal labor costs. As part of this fee, we throw in our smiling ushers, concessions service by The Bean Scene Café, basic ticket services for advance and day-of-show sales and the elegance of the Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts!)
- Simplified booking requirements (that potentially reduce production costs)
- Additional placements in MVCPA’s regular marketing materials (Preview Magazine, MVCPA.COM, etc.)
The minimum requirements are:
SecondStage Home Companies must produce or present performances in one of three formats:
A Season – at least four titles with two or more performances of each, OR at least six titles with one or more performance each.
- A Festival – at least six titles, with one or more performances each, within a two week span.
- Ongoing monthly, bi-monthly, or weekly performances (possibly excepting summer) – one title each period, one or more performances of each
- Touring companies must present their entire season in SecondStage, exclusive of fundraising gala’s, etc.
SecondStage Home Companies must:
- Be established Performing Arts producers or presenters with at least a year of successful performances
Include “MVCPA Presents” (or similar agreed-upon wording) in credit lines of programs, posters and display advertisement
- Credit “Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts” and/or identify themselves as “A SecondStage Home Company” (or similar agreed-upon wording) in press releases and broadcast marketing
Report annually to the Performing Arts Committee on their efforts to benefit Mountain View talent, audiences, youth, under-served audiences, the Center or the community
Some examples of what we would like your event and SecondStage status to bring to MVCPA:
Promote/present local talent
- Produce/promote/present new works or improvised performances
- Create performances on non-standard schedule (Tuesday night? Lunchtime?)
- Produce material of special interest to local audiences, especially people who don't currently attend our shows
But don't let this list limit you! Tell us what you can bring!
To Apply: Contact Jenn Poret, Booking Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for application materials.
For consideration in the first round, completed applications must be received by April 28, 2017. These applications will be reviewed by the Performing Arts Committee during the summer of 2017. Applications are still welcome after that time and will be considered thirty to ninety days after they are received. Strong preference will be given to the applications that provide the most performances.
The Performing Arts Committee will score the applications against the criteria listed above. Follow-up interviews will be offered based on those scores. Organizations that seem appropriate for SecondStage Home Company status will be recommended by the Committee to the Mountain View City Council, who will make the final decision.
The number of SecondStage Home Company contracts awarded is not predetermined, since it will depend on the number of performance dates each company will book.