North Bayshore Precise Plan
The City Council adopted a North Bayshore Precise Plan to implement the 2030 General Plan’s policy direction for this area. The 2030 General Plan identifies North Bayshore as a special place that protects and stewards natural habitat and species in the area, while envisioning highly sustainable and innovative commercial development.
The Precise Plan contains development standards, such as setbacks and height limits; allowed land use uses; architectural design guidelines; and identifies how new public improvements are funded.
In February 2015, City Council directed staff to study a North Bayshore Precise Plan Update to add residential land uses.
Additional Materials and Information
- Trip Monitoring Memo - In Fall 2015, vehicle trip and mode-share data was collected for the North Bayshore Precise Plan Area.
- Vehicle Trip Cap Report - On June 23, 2015, the City Council accepted the established vehicle trip caps for the North Bayshore area. (Meeting Agenda - Item 7.3).
- Bonus FAR projects - On May 5, 2015, the City Council reviewed the North Bayshore Bonus FAR applications for new development and authorized projects to proceed through the development review process (Meeting Agenda - Item 6.1)
- Shoreline Boulevard Corridor Study - On November 25, 2014, the City Council approved the conceptual plan for the Shoreline Boulevard Corridor (Meeting Agenda - Item 6.1)
- Draft Precise Plan - On November 25, 2014, the City Council approved the North Bayshore Precise Plan (Meeting Agenda - Item 7.1).
- District-Wide Sustainability - On September 16, 2013, the City Council reviewed district-wide sustainability strategies for the North Bayshore Precise Plan (Meeting Report).
An Environmental Impact Report (EIR) was prepared and adopted for the Precise Plan.
Please contact Martin Alkire, Principal Planner, by email or phone at (650) 903-6306 for more information or questions.