North Bayshore Precise Plan
In 2014, the City Council adopted the North Bayshore Precise Plan to implement the 2030 General Plan’s policy direction for this area. The 2030 General Plan identifies North Bayshore as a special place that protects and stewards natural habitat and species in the area, while envisioning highly sustainable and innovative commercial development.
The Precise Plan contains development standards, such as setbacks and height limits; allowed land use uses; architectural design guidelines; and identifies how new public improvements are funded.
North Bayshore Precise Plan Update
In February 2015, City Council directed city staff to study a Precise Plan update to add residential land uses to the North Bayshore Precise Plan. Visit the Residential Update page to review the proposed Final Draft North Bayshore Precise Plan.
- Trip Monitoring Memo - The City collects vehicle trip and mode-share data for the North Bayshore Precise Plan Area:
- Vehicle Trip Cap Report - On June 23, 2015, the City Council accepted the established vehicle trip caps for the North Bayshore area. (Meeting Agenda - Item 7.3).
- Bonus FAR projects - On May 5, 2015, the City Council reviewed the North Bayshore Bonus FAR applications for new development and authorized projects to proceed through the development review process (Meeting Agenda - Item 6.1). Projects selected to proceed through the development review process include:
- 1625 Plymouth Street (Broadreach) - On June 21, 2016, City Council approved a new 6-story, 224,500 sq. ft. office building with a 4-level parking garage (Meeting Agenda - Item 6.4).
- 1625 North Shoreline Boulevard (Shashi) - On November 1, 2016, City Council approved a 5-story, 200-room hotel with a 5-level parking structure (Meeting Agenda - Item 6.1).
- 1255 Pear Avenue Phase II (Sobrato) - A proposed 6-story, 234,000 sq. ft. office building and up to 650 apartment units with a new 5-level parking garage.
- 1400 North Shoreline Boulevard (Google/SyWest) - A proposed mixed-use development with approximately 93,000 sq. ft. of retail/restaurants, a 98,000 sq. ft. athletic club, an 88,500 sq. ft. movie theater, a 200-room hotel, and 1.5 million sq. ft. of office over two levels of underground parking.
- 1201 San Antonio Road (Rees Properties) - A proposed 3-story, 190,000 sq. ft. office building with one-level of underground parking.
- Shoreline Boulevard Corridor Study - On November 25, 2014, the City Council approved the conceptual plan for the Shoreline Boulevard Corridor (Meeting Agenda - Item 6.1).
- A copy of the November 2014 final report is available.
- Conceptual designs for improvements along Shoreline Boulevard from a July 2016 community meeting.
- Draft Precise Plan - On November 25, 2014, the City Council approved the North Bayshore Precise Plan (Meeting Agenda - Item 7.1).
- District-Wide Sustainability - On September 16, 2013, the City Council reviewed district-wide sustainability strategies for the North Bayshore Precise Plan (Meeting Report).
2014 North bayshore precise plan and eir
2014 Environmental Impact Report (EIR).
A Draft Subsequent Environmental Impact Report (SEIR) is available for public comment for the Residential Update to the North Bayshore Precise Plan. Visit the Residential Update page for more information.
Please contact Martin Alkire by email or phone at (650) 903-6306 for more information or questions.