Low GraphicsSat., Apr 19, 2014Contact UsSiteMapSearch Tips
City of Mountain View Home
Homepage | Departments | Police Department Home | Contacts

Police Contacts

Incident Reports
Emergencies: 9-1-1 (650/903-6922)
Non-emergencies: 650/903-6395
Report Online (certain non-emergencies only)

General Business: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Monday-Friday)
Walk-in Crime Reports: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. (7 days)

MVPD Address & Map

Function When to Contact Telephone
Contact/Inquiry Web Links
Abandoned Vehicles Hotline To report abandoned vehicles on public property/roadways. (Private property, see Code Enforcement below.) 903-6358 Report Online. Report Online

Parking & Towing
Chief Scott Vermeer To discuss serious concerns about the department or community. 903-6350 scott.vermeer Leadership Team
Community Action & Information Unit For educational and crime prevention programs, permits, licenses, alarms, volunteers, ride-alongs and tours. 903-6418 Inquiry
Drug Tip Hotline To anonymously report crime-related info, such as drug activity. 961-5800 Police Report Online
Investigations To follow-up on major crimes. 903-6344 Police Investigations
K9 Team For info on police service dogs or to schedule a K9 demonstration. 903-6188 Inquiry K9
Neighborhood Watch Program For info about neighborhoods working together to prevent crime. 903-6418 Inquiry Neighborhood Watch
Permits & Licenses Alarms, massage, concealed weapons, block party, parade, dance and more. 903-6418 Inquire about Permits and Licenses  Permits & Licenses
Professional Standards
(Internal Affairs)
For employee commendations, complaints, internal investigations and audits. 903-6339 Dan Vicencio Feedback
Property/Evidence Room To inquire about lost or found property, property taken as evidence, or release of property held by MVPD. 903-6375 Inquiry  
Public Information Officer Contact for media representatives. 903-6353 Saul Jaeger Media Relations
General information & questions.
To find out if your car has been towed. To ask about getting your ticket signed off. To find out whether you need to file a police report. To obtain a police report. To find out if there's a warrant out for your arrest. To get the name of an officer who took a report. 903-6344 Records  
Recruitment For employment-related questions. For info on becoming a police officer. To find out if officers are being hired or get the status of your application. Also for non-officer employment questions. 903-6344 Inquiry Employment Opportunities
Reserve Unit For info on reserve officers and their activities. 903-6367 Jose Albarillo Reserve Officers
Ride-alongs To sign up for a police ride-along. 903-6418 Inquiry Ride-alongs
School Resource Officer
Ron Cooper
For Bubb, Landels, St. Joseph's, Theuerkauf, Springer, Crittenden Middle, Graham Middle, German Middle 903-6712 Ron Cooper Schools
School Resource Officer
Robert Taylor
For Huff, Castro, Monta Loma, Girls Middle, Mountain View Academy, Mountain View High, Alta Vista High, St. Francis High 903-6387 Robert Taylor Schools
Towed Vehicles,
Schedule Hearing
To schedule an impound hearing for a towed vehicle.
To find out if your car has been towed, contact Records (above).
903-6344 Inquiry Parking & Towing
Traffic Complaint Hotline For non-urgent traffic questions and complaints, particularly recurring problems, such as red light running, speeding, parking, etc. For emergencies, dial 9-1-1. 903-6146 Inquiry Traffic
Voicemail System To contact a specific officer (or other employee), if you know a name and/or extension. Most officers are usually on patrol (or off duty). This is the best way to contact them. If you don't have a name, contact Records (above). Officers usually check their voicemail daily when on duty. 903-6161
Volunteers in Partnership (VIP) For info about volunteer opportunities. 903-6418 Inquiry Volunteer Opportunities
Still not sure who to call? Call 650/903-6344 or Email.
Notice any errors? Please notify us.

Useful Non-police Contacts
Function When to Contact Telephone
Web Links
Animal Services,
Silicon Valley Animal Control Authority
To report missing pets.
Report barking or loose dogs to MVPD non-emergency line: 650/903-6395.
  Animal Services

Auto Clubs, Locksmiths, Towing Companies For assistance with vehicle lockouts or breakdowns. Check the Yellow Pages.    
Caltrans To find out highway/freeway road conditions. Not for commute info or ramp closures. 800/427-ROAD
Code Enforcement,
City of Mountain View
To report abandoned vehicles on private property or neighborhood blight. (Public property, see Abandoned Vehicles above.) 526-7713 code.enforcement City Code Enforcement

City Code
Community Resources For victims rights, counseling, financial support, therapy. For drug/alcohol programs. Community Resources Community Resources Community Resources
City of Mountain View
For billing inquiries for water, sewer or trash.
To begin/terminate service.
903-6017 finance Finance
Fire Department,
City of Mountain View
To obtain a bicycle license. For info about fire and EMS incidents. For emergency preparedness or CERT info. To have fire company or engine participate in community event. 903-6365 fire Fire Department
Recology Mountain  View To inquire about garbage or recycling. 967-3034 recycle Garbage & Recycling
Jail, Santa Clara County Main
70 W. Hedding Street
San Jose, CA 95110
To inquire about arrested adults. After booking at MVPD, all arrested adults are taken here. Booking: 408/299-8770

Administration: 408-299-2305
  County Dept. of Correction
Mediation Services,
City of Mountain View
c/o Project Sentinel
298 S. Sunnyvale Ave Suite 209
Sunnyvale, Ca 94086
To discuss mediation of issues involving neighbors, tenants/landlords and local businesses. 960-0495   Mediation Services
Office of Parking Violation
PO Box 11113
San Jose, CA 95103-1113
For questions about parking tickets. To find out where to pay or how to contest a parking ticket. 800/818-1832    
PG&E To report or get info about a power outage. 800/743-5002   PG&E
Public Services,
City of Mountain View
To report water, sewer or street cleaning issues, needed sidewalk repairs or street light outages. 903-6329 public.services Public Services
The Property Room (private firm) Police auctions. MVPD's contracted provider for disposal of unclaimed property.     Property Room
Superior Court,
Santa Clara County
Questions about court matters. Palo Alto:


Hall of Justice:
  Superior Court
Traffic Engineering,
City of Mountain View
To suggest improvements in roads, signs, lights, etc. 903-6311   Public Works
Volunteer Services,
City of Mountain View
To volunteer with the city of Mountain View. For the police department, see Volunteers in Partnership (above). 903-6607   Volunteer Services
Notice any errors? Please notify us.