Mountain View Police Department
1000 Villa Street
Mountain View, CA 94041
Directions & Map
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Mon.-Fri.)
Walk-in Crime Reports:
7 a.m. - 7 p.m. (7 days)
Submit your questions, suggestions, compliments,concerns, or track your existing request online.
MVPD is a diverse group of individuals dedicated to serving our community. From the police officer on patrol to the records specialist working at our front desk, we're all here to provide nothing less than exceptional service.
Our strategic vision is to set the standard for police professionalism, defined as:
- Total commitment to constantly reducing crime.
- Taking all cases to an appropriate conclusion.
- Making all contacts respectful and effective.
- Ensuring a sense of safety on our roadways and in our community.
- Using our resources responsibly.
- Operating with policies and procedures that reflect the profession's best practices.
- Continuously developing and improving the skills and abilities of all department members.
- Having pride and recognizing accomplishments throughout the department.
- Holding ourselves accountable to be effective, to maintain the highest integrity, and to make a difference in people's lives.
We designed our department around community-oriented policing. This type of policing involves you—people who live and work in Mountain View. By cooperating to identify and solve problems we can make an already great city even better.
Information on the Police Department's statistics and the Annual Report can be found on the crime statistics web page.