This is the City's key link to important information about the Mountain View community and all that the City has to offer to residents, business, and visitors alike.
Welcome to the City of Mountain View’s Website!
Mountain View is ideally situated in the heart of Silicon Valley. It is home to just under 75,000 residents and is known for its diverse community and great quality of life. We are a vibrant community of good schools, safe neighborhoods, and excellent public facilities and amenities, including over 35 parks and an extensive trail system. The City has a wide spectrum of businesses, including many nationally and internationally known high-tech corporations and institutions. Mountain View enjoys a rich offering of cultural events, the Center for the Performing Arts, the Mountain View Public Library, live music at the Shoreline Amphitheatre, and Thursday Nights Live, as well as an annual Art & Wine Festival, A La Carte and Art Festival, the Annual Spring Downtown Parade, and a weekly Farmer's Market in a rich and diverse Downtown Mountain View.
Community Information and Engagement:
The City of Mountain View appreciates your civic engagement in local government! I encourage you to visit the City’s web site often, or drop by City Hall or any of our City facilities for the latest information on Mountain View's community programs, projects, and services. Whether you are a lifetime resident of Mountain View or just visiting us on the web, we welcome you to the City! Please enjoy all our City has to offer.
For information on City services and how you can get more involved, please check out:
- This website and our social media sites for up-to-date information
- KMVT-Channel 26 (the City's cable television government access channel)
- The View (the City's newsletter)
- The yearly Annual Report
- Press releases (for the latest news)
- Call or visit City facilities during regular business hours
- Ask Mountain View (on-line service where you can ask a question, make a suggestion, note a concern, offer a compliment, or get more information)
We Welcome Your Input:
I look forward to receiving your calls, letters, and/or E-mails. To contact me:
- Send me an E-mail: email@example.com
- Contact me via City Hall during regular business hours Monday-Friday, from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. at (650) 903-6300
- Send me a standard mail letter at: City of Mountain View, 500 Castro Street, Post Office Box 7540, Mountain View, California 94039-7540
The next "Coffee with Chris" will be on Saturday, April 26, 2014, 1-2pm, upstairs at the Red Rock, 201 Castro Street.
I look forward to the year ahead and working together to meet the challenges and opportunities that face the City. It is a true honor and privilege to represent the residents of Mountain View on the City Council and I am thankful for this opportunity to serve as Mayor.
Mayor Chris Clark